Begins Saturday, June 17;
Ends at 3:45 p.m. Monday, September 4 (Labor Day)
Holiday closures all day Monday, June 19 and at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday, July 4
|Per Session||Monthly Pass*|
(up to 6 people in same household)
|* Monthly passes work at both Albany Community Pool and Cool Pool and auto renew until pass holder calls to cancel. Monthly passes include fitness classes, lap swims, and recreation swims.|
(Included in general admission; must pay for each session individually)
- An adult must be present with all children under 8 years old.
- Bring your own toys and masks.
- Snorkels and fins approved only during family swim.
- All lifejackets must be Coast Guard approved.
River Current Exercise Class
(Not included in general admission; fees as listed)
|M, Tu, Th||4-5pm|
Rentals are not scheduled until we have received all fees and confirmed the date is available.
Frequently Asked Questions
Masks are welcome, but not required. We will follow any future OHA guidelines as they are required.
Cool Pool has added advanced reservations for our recreation swims (see above). This system will allow half of our capacity to pre-register. The other half will be first come first serve at the pool.
- Children under the age of 8 (7 and under) must be accompanied by someone 16 or older.
- Children under the age of 6 (5 and under) require a guardian, 16 or older, in the water with them at all times at ACP, and where the child cannot touch the bottom at Cool!
- Children wearing a PFD must have someone 16 or older within arms reach at all times at ACP, and where the child cannot touch the bottom at Cool!
Go to the Cool Pool Rental Reservation web site by clicking on this link: RENT COOL POOL
Yes! No glass or ceramics are permitted on site.
Yes! We will enforce all safety rules.
A full price punch pass can be purchased for each of them, or shared between them. The scholarship passes are sold 1 at a time per family, and may be shared.
Opening date is scheduled for June 17, 2023. Close for season at 3:45 Monday, September 4th (Labor Day)
Note: Closed Monday, June 19th for Junteenth and close at 3:45 Tuesday, July 4th
Please see our facebook page @albanyparksandrecretion for up-to-date closures.
- Cool Pool will be closed during any Thunderstorm, or when the rain is so severe that the pool bottom cannot be seen in the deepest area. We will re-open as soon as the storm clears.
- Cool Pool will close at the end of swim in progress when the Air Quality Index exceeds 150.
- When Cool Pool closes due to inclement weather, rentals will be permitted to reschedule to an available time at no additional cost. If a time is unavailable to reschedule, a full refund will be issued.
- The LEAD GUARD on duty at the time of closure will contact the rental party to let them know that the rental is being cancelled due to inclement weather.
About the COOL! Pool
Located at Swanson Park Action Center, the COOL! pool was built in 2005 on the site of the old Swanson Pool. It has 81,800 gallons of water and is kept at 84 degrees. The pool features a zero depth entry and is 4.5' deep at its deepest. COOL! has a 36' high slide and a Lazy River. The play structure is surrounded by a large amount of water that is only 18" deep.