The Albany Fire Department will provide car seat inspections to our community by a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician.
Inspections are by appointment only.
Statistics according to recent National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) studies.
Car Seat Distribution Program
The Albany Area Child Passenger Safety Program, in partnership with the Albany Firefighters Community Assistance Fund (AFFCAF), has been awarded a grant from the Oregon Department of Transportation to provide low cost seats to income eligible families residing in Linn and Benton counties. If your child is in need of a car seat, a referral may be obtained from Love, Inc, or from WIC for families who are currently eligible for and receiving WIC benefits.
Car Seat Distribution Program Guidelines
- One seat per child.
- There is a $30.00 co-pay per seat which must be paid in cash at the time the seat is received.
- Seats are distributed only by appointment.
- The child receiving the seat must be present; seats are not distributed for unborn babies.
- Properly fitting seats will be distributed; the program cannot provide infant only seats. Convertible car seats are well suited for small babies throughout the toddler & preschool years.
- The vehicle in which the child travels must be brought to the seat check event.
- Caregivers will be taught to correctly install and use the car seat.
Love, INC of Linn County is located at 1606 Santiam Rd. SE and can be reached at 541-924-LOVE (5683).