Skip to main content

The Records Section is supervised by Mike Peaslee. He can be reached by phone at 541-917-3218 and by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..  There are six full-time Police Records Clerks and one part-time Police Reception Clerk who provide customer service in the following areas:

  • Process police reports and records. **Records requests can be emailed to Nicole at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. using the Records Request Form.
  • Provide a variety of police-related information to the public and governmental agencies.
  • Receive incoming business calls, determine the nature and urgency of the calls, and route calls according to guidelines.
  • Receive requests from officers for records information.
  • Compose a variety of correspondence, reports, and other materials.
  • Serve as cashiers at the front counter.
  • Maintain records of and schedule maintenance for the police vehicle fleet.
  • Manage the burglary alarm permit system for business and residential alarms.
  • Release nuisance tow vehicles.
Records Supervisor Mike Peaslee
img 3706
img 3706
img 3706
img 3706

Frequently Asked Questions

Can I get a Background Check?

The Albany Police Department will provide a computer generated background check for people requesting one for themselves. The information will only show contacts that they have had with the Albany Police Department.

The Oregon State Police Bureau of Criminal Identification in Salem will do a more extensive background check by calling 503-378-3070.

Where do you find traffic accident report forms and the requirements for filing the report?

The Albany Police Department, Department of Motor Vehicles, and the State Police.

Where do you get restraining order information?

Albany Police Department, or the Linn County Sheriff, Civil Division, at the Linn County Courthouse.

Do I have a warrant?

This information won't be given out over the phone. You must come to the Police Department and ask in person.