Make a payment online
or call 1-877-805-1415
Operadores que hablan español están disponibles.
New payment vendor!
Albany Municipal Court has switched payment vendors resulting in a low, flat fee per payment; the ability to set up automatic payments; and self-service of your account online or through an automated phone system at 1-877-805-1415.
Court information and case options
You have three options if you do not want to appear in person:
Enter a plea of no contest and pay the court the amount of the presumptive fine written on the front of your citation. If the court accepts your plea, the court may not impose a fine that is more than the amount of the presumptive fine.
Enter a plea of no contest and submit a letter of explanation. You must do all of the following before the day and time your citation requires you to appear in court. If you respond by mail the mail must arrive at the court before you are required to appear.
IMPORTANT: If you choose this option, you will make a written appearance and waive your right to a trial. The court may consider your written statement when establishing the amount of the fine. The court cannot impose a fine that is less than the minimum fine amount. The court will not fine you more without giving you notice to come to the court for a hearing.
Enter a plea of not guilty and request a trial by submitting a written request for a trial before the day and time your citation requires you to appear in court. If you respond by mail the mail must arrive at the court before you are required to appear.
IMPORTANT: You have a right to a trial. The court will give you notice of the time and place when you MUST appear in person and may impose penalties if you do not appear. If the court finds at trial that you are guilty, the court cannot impose a fine that is less than the minimum fine amount. The court will not impose a fine if it finds you not guilty.
If you choose to appear in-person for your traffic citation:
- Only those that are scheduled with the court will be allowed to enter the building.
- Defendants under 18 may bring one parent or guardian. You must notify the court and provide contact info for that individual prior to your scheduled appearance.
- A face covering is required when in the building.
- A health screen including temperature check will be required.
- If you are unable to appear or have concerns about appearing at this time because of COVID-19, call 541-917-7740 to request a continuance.