Business from the public
- Persons wanting to provide comment to the council during “business from the public” must register on this page before noon on the day of the meeting in order to be included in the public record.
- Use the Business from the public button next to the title of the meeting to register to speak or submit written testimony to be entered into the record. Business from the public is not scheduled for every Council meeting.
- Speakers will be limited to three minutes, unless extended by the Mayor. If you are not speaking under "business from the public" you can watch the meeting on the City's YouTube channel or the City's Facebook page.
When a public hearing is scheduled, please refer to the agenda packet for details about how to provide comment.
Watch Council meetings
Videos of regular meetings, special sessions, and work sessions are archived on the City's YouTube channel. Most Council meetings are simulcast live on YouTube and the City's Facebook page when possible.
Code of Conduct for virtual meetings:
- Microphones should be muted and webcams should be turned off for presenters and members of the public unless called upon to speak.
- If participant(s) disrupt the meeting, the participant(s) microphone and webcam will be turned off.
- If disruption continues, the participant(s) will be removed from the meeting.
- For questions on City Council business, contact your City Councilors.
- The summary documents below provide Resolution and Ordinance numbers that were passed by the City Council.
What are Regular Meetings?
The City Council generally holds regular meetings on the second and fourth Wednesdays of every month at 7:15 p.m. in the City Council Chambers at City Hall, 333 Broadalbin SW, Albany; but they may be held at another place if the Council designates.
Four members of the City Council other than the Mayor must be present for the City Council to take action on any item. The Mayor presides over the City Council, but the Mayor only votes in the case of a 3 to 3 tie of the Council.
What are Work Sessions?
The City Council generally holds work sessions at 4:00 p.m. on Mondays that are followed by a regular Council meeting on Wednesday of the same week.
Council work sessions are designed to allow the Council to gain more in-depth knowledge of a particular subject and to have a chance to debate many of the pros and cons of an issue without coming to resolution or a decision on a matter.
Council work sessions are open to the public.