The Albany Municipal Airport was dedicated in 1931. In 1998, the airport became the first airport in Oregon to be named to the National Register of Historic Places, and was the City of Albany's fourth National Historic District.
- Coordinates: N44, 38.27; W123, 03.57
- Elevation: 226
- Runways: 16-34 3,004 X 75, asphalt
- Approaches: GPS, RNAV, VOR/DME
- FSS: McMinnville 122.6
- Weather contacts: AWOS 135.775
- Charts: Seattle; L1
- Fuel: EPIC Aviation 100LL; self-service; most major credit cards; 24-hour
- Amenities: Restaurants, hotels, taxis and rental cars available from/adjacent to field. Visit the Albany Visitors Assocation for more information.
- FAA General Aviation Information
Governance & Master Plans
Ongoing projects by the City are seeking to preserve and extend the use of the historic hangars on the property.
Skyhawk's Last Flight
In October 2019, this A-4 Skyhawk fighter jet was lifted into place at the entry of the Albany Municipal Airport.
Dick Ebbert, Albany's former economic development director, initiated the project in 2007 by working with the General Services Administration to obtain three surplus planes from Las Vegas.
Local pilots at the time funded the cost to bring the planes to Albany and volunteers worked to reassemble the parts into one plane.
The plane assembled into the monument was used in Vietnam, Desert Storm and National Guard units. It’s been hollowed out, but it still weighs 3 to 4 tons.
The paint job reflects both the Navy and the Marines and the “Capt. Dick Ebbert ‘Skippy’” emblazoned on the side is in honor of Ebbert’s work to get the plane to Albany. Ebbert died in May 2008.